Appalachian State University is committed to the safety and well‐being of minors. Employees and program staff should be positive role models and treat others with respect, courtesy, and dignity. Employees and program staff must abide by Appalachian State policies, regulations, and rules in addition to state and federal law.
Summer 2020 Online / Virtual Programming for Minors
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, a select number of University-sponsored programs will be offered online in summer 2020. As online interaction increases between personnel and youth, it is important that the correct policies and procedures are in place. Youth programs should follow these guidelines.
- Appalachian’s Guidelines on Video Conferencing Youth Programs
- Appalachian’s Guidelines on Acceptable Behavior with Minors
- Best Practices for Online Interaction with Minors
App State provides access to Zoom Video Conferencing for all Faculty, Staff, & Students. University-sponsored youth programs have access to Zoom. ASULearn Global is an option for content delivery, storage, and open forum communication for users not enrolled at the University. Contact Appalachian’s Information Technology Services Department (“ITS”) for help setting up these platforms for your program.
- ASU Requirements For Utilizing Zoom Meetings With Minors
- App State Zoom Web Conferencing
- Zoom: Securing Your Virtual Classroom
- AsULearn Global
- For general tech support, contact the support desk at 828-262-6266 or email@example.com