On-Campus Meeting Facilities
Appalachian State University offers the use of its main campus facilities during the summer months to internal and external clients who have education as their mission. Clients must be expecting a minimum of 25 people and represent a recognized organization. Public and private schools, religious organizations, Scouts, business and industry, professional associations and 4-H groups are some examples of potential clients. Conference and meeting planners who select Appalachian for their summer meeting will receive the services of a "one stop shop" Conference Office that will schedule a variety of modern auditoriums, classrooms, and seminar rooms to meet their programming needs. The facilities are well lighted, ventilated and are equipped with the latest in teaching aids. The facilities are both flexible and diverse and can accommodate small simultaneous seminars, large plenary sessions, coffee breaks and receptions.
- Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts (Seating Capacity 1,670)
- I. G. Greer Auditorium (Seating Capacity 452)
- I.G. Greer Auditorium is air conditioned and provides comfortable seating with a 54' X 24' hardwood stage, stage curtain, basic stage lights and is equipped with a 36' movie screen and movie projection equipment.
- Rosen Concert Hall (Seating Capacity 450)
- Rosen Concert Hall is air conditioned and provides comfortable seating with a 54' X 30' hardwood stage, basic lighting, sophisticated sound system to compliment a pipe organ and baby grand piano.
- Valborg Theatre (Seating Capacity 350)
- Valborg Theatre is air conditioned and provides comfortable theatre style seating for 350 people.
There are 16 Lecture Halls located throughout the campus ranging in size from 75 to 175 seats. Standard classrooms ranging in size from 30 to 60 seats are the norm on campus. The Lecture Halls and classrooms are equipped with a combination of standard student seating and modern teaching aids.
Comfortable climate contoled seating for 9,000. Portable stage with state of the art sound and light system. Main venu for trade shows and performances.
Serves as a multipurpose indoor sports facility. The facility has a 24,000 square foot main floor and 15,000 square feet of exhibit space on the second level balcony. Portable sound systems are used to accommodate the event.
The University football stadium has a poly turf surface and has been used as the venue for outdoor summer concerts for 10,000 spectators.
The central campus location of the Plemmons Student Union makes it a prime facility for accommodating meeting needs. The PSU meeting facilities include: Three large ballrooms with banquet seating for more than 200 persons, or theatre style seating for more than 300 persons; nine meeting/conference rooms with theatre style seating for at least 100; several smaller rooms to seat 20-30 persons, and a solarium that seats 135 banquet style. The PSU also has two food service operations, McAlister's Deli and Cascades Cafe Snack Bar seating 150, a small beautifully renovated theatre, and an inviting coffee shop.